- "Great Quivering Icebergs!"
- ―The Penguin[src]
Biography[edit | edit source]
One of Gotham City's top criminals, Penguin almost always tries to cover up his criminal activities with some other false enterprise. He often pretends to be going straight, claiming to be a legitimate businessman, and usually wins the hearts of all Gothamites before revealing his true motives. He also loves discrediting Batman and Robin. However, Batman always wins out because he doesn't concern himself with popular opinion, his dedication to solving the crime at hand allows him to cut right to the heart of Penguin's schemes. Penguin also fancies himself to be quite the ladies' man. He carries himself with an aristocratic air and is always formally attired. A cigarette is always on hand, and since he is one for the more refined tastes, Penguin uses a cigarette holder.
Weapons and Equipment[edit | edit source]
Trick Umbrellas[edit | edit source]
- Umbrella Gun- Looks like a normal umbrella, it's really a gun.
- Knockout Gas Umbrella- Shoots a deadly gas that renders its victims unconscious.
- Jetpack Umbrellas- Giant jetpacks in the shape of umbrellas.
- Boxing Glove Umbrella- Used in fistfights.
- Confetti Shooting Umbrellas- Umbrellas that shoot confetti in the air to cause mass confusion.
- Zipline Umbrellas- Giant umbrellas used to cross a zipline.
- Bugged Umbrella- Used in one episode so that Batman could accidentally come up with a crime for Penguin to commit by The Penguin overhearing The Dynamic Duo "deduce his plot".
- Regular Black Umbrella- The umbrella that The Penguin frequently carried with him.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- His real name Oswald Cobblepot is never mentioned in the TV series.
- The actor Burgess Meredith was referenced in the 2013 game Batman: Arkham Origins, as the Penguin mentions in a recording that his ship, The Final Offer, was originally named The Olivia B. Meredith.